Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Reno : When did you start Sickness Productions?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : Actually, initially named Sickness Merchandise, and it was founded in 2010, but just a plan only...Until finally be realized in early 2012, money talk and time is walking brooo :v hahahaha... So, Sickness Productions "Anti Establishment"

Reno : What's your goal by running Sickness Productions?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : Speaking of purpose - in fact this is just to
develop my hobby towards metal music. Too sad to tell because I was not able to
finish the high school bro, my middle class high school certificate was used by my brother, so I can't find a job anywhere. My goal is just develop the local metal scene along with another record label in this country. And the most important thing is, if one day I die, I do not want to be someone who doesn't do anything.. Do something or die for nothing! :D

Reno : Some of your releases can certainly always "Technical Death Metal", actually there anything special specifications to be able to join Sickness Productions?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : There's no specification, no need to be too technical, and no need to be brutal and full of blastbeats. This is about my taste, but everything must be a consideration. hehehe

Reno : As a label that still categorized as a new label, but in the other hand Sickness Productions has a lot of potential. What is your view on this?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : mediocre. A great enthusiasm not guarantee their principal to buy physical music, and I seriously pay attention about it.

Reno : The media is getting larger, how is your view about the Indonesian Death Metal scene? How important is it?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : Now..the Indonesian metal media is reached it's glory, It's getting larger.

Reno : Physical music consumption in Indonesia these days are great. Whether this is a cycle or just a trend/fad? Considering Demented Heart CD sales were fantastic!

Andre (Sickness Productions) : Yup! This is indeed a cycle, not just a trend. But change of situation will always occur.

Reno : After Demented Heart, does Sickness Production have another surprise? What's your promise for the local and international Death Metal fans?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : After Demented Heart, there's a Promo CD from Detested and also this year, there's a dubut from Abgotter and Acromatica...I promised one through words, namely:
"arise the physical records". Hopefully this can last long, and I will do my best for it!

Reno : Which is most important? Own a CD or merch from your favorite band?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : CD or physical records are way more important to me compared to merchandise.

Reno : What causes frustration for you in running a label?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : Yes there is :) "no job" it's fuckin boring!!! Therefore, I tried so hard to be as productive as possible. Idealism, time cycle, break event point and my own stomach noises...very challenging in releasing something that done by myself.

Reno : What's your main reason for being a label owner? Just for your own profit? Or just a pure hobby?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : It's a pure hobby, because for me "fun job is a hobby that is paid"

Reno : In the future, does Sickness Production planning to be such a huge label just like Metalblade?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : Hahaha I do not have such a desire. For me, it's
just a bonus of a success.

Reno : Considering the increasing number of digital music purchases through iTunes, what do you think about it? What do you prefer?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : Ya, it is a painful reality for record labels..I prefer a physical release, and will continue to release in a physical format.

Reno : Talk about illegal download , tell me your view about people who still do that?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : I can't really tell because it's too pathetic hahahaha..I mean, should we bluff or give them a harsh warning?... However I do belive that sooner or earlier they will realize what they do, one piece of a CD is valueable than tons of downloadable mp3s.

Reno : Any last message for metalheads/readers?

Andre (Sickness Productions) : Keep strugling!!!! Keep metal alive!! Long live Indonesian Metal Scene!!!

Interview done by Reno 23/3/2015

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Media Partners / Banners


Best Releases