Sunday, March 8, 2015

Demi : Helo sir! How are you? Thanks for your time. Can I start with some introduction about yourself first? When did you start listening to metal and how?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : Hi Demi ! I am doing good.Thank you...Really enjoy the Indonesian Sickness Zine and appreciate you asking.

I started very young with metal and am 44 years old so I have seen a lot of different styles and how metal went from Black Sabbath to where we are today.

Demi : When did you start Forcefed? Can you tell me the history?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : Force Fed started basically from me wanting to get more involved with the scene and have been buying cd's for a long time and can't play a instrument to save my life....lol....so it was best for me to try to start a store and try to do things for music in that way. I sold about 95% of my Slayer collection and used the money from it to start out the distro...FF started on July 27, 2014 and with some good friends helping me along the way I started to build my store. And Luis Pinto (Logotomy Designs) helped with the constant banner/big cartel changes.

Demi : I see you support a lot of Indonesian Death Metal bands. Even most of your products are Indonesian bands. Since when you intrested to Indonesian scene?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : I support IDDM for a simple reason....I love many different countries and there BDM but in my opinion Indonesian Death Metal has the best feel to it continues to show with all of the great releases and new bands that keep rising up there.

I have known about Indonesian Death Metal for a long time but never followed it seriously until recent years and that is what made me decide to try and offer as many Indonesian releases / Merchandise as I can to bring the IDDM to USA and Worldwide and show my support for the scene as well...With also the great help from SICK REVIEWS and INDONESIAN SICKNESS ZINE band others.. It helps keep in focus to all the new things being released and new bands coming out.

Demi : How many labels from Indonesia who has been working with Forcefed?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : Labels working with FF have been very great and have gave me a opportunity to have FF seen and help me promote what i am trying to do..I can't thank the labels/merch stores enough for all the great things they do for me to help !

Glory Extreme
Brutal Mind
Rpm Merch
Alliansi Hitam
Valist Merch
Dismembered Records
Groupies Merch
Impaled Productions
WAAR Productions
Sickness Productions
And Artists :
Bvll Xick bvllmetalart
Vaizal Rotten Art

And the list goes on and on....Very grateful to every label that has reached out to me. So many more to mention.

Current list of releases FF will be fortunate enough to USA distro for:

Dismembered Records / Sabaoth
Brutal Mind / Suffergrind
WAAR Productions / Depraved Murder
Tangerang Slamming (Comp.)

Demi : What's your main goal for being a merch distributor?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : My goal for being a merch distributor is to provide bands a opportunity to get merch made in between releases and hopefully that will help them with expenses also and give them some shirts for touring as well.

Glory Extreme prints great shirts for FF and Adi has been such a great printer/ friend and am so happy to work with them and offer there great merchandise in USA.

Demi : do you apply a requirement if some bands wants their CD or t-shirt to distributed through Forcefed?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : There are no requirements for FF to do a shirt/cd for a band.It is based on a agreement between the band and FF and proceeds from there.

Demi : Which kind of genre do you support? Why?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : I support Metal (meaning Thrash Heavy/Grind/­Brutal) and for genre I prefer Brutal Death Metal because it always works for me whether it's a good or bad day.

Demi : What's your opinion about the Indonesian scene lately?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : The IDDM scene lately in my opinion is getting stronger and more serious.

With the amount of great releases out or coming out the pressure for new bands is great to perform at the best of there ability.

Demi : What's your comparasion between Indonesian scene with other countries in Asia?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : Other Asian BDM is great and much respect to all countries worldwide.

Demi : What's your favorite Indonesian release of 2014 and this year?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : Favorite Indonesian release and band is a question that can only be answered by saying 90% of them !!!!!! hahaha

Demi : So far, are you satisfied with Forcefed current achievement?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : I will probably never be satisfied with FF but things are starting to get better and I am learning a lot in the process and hope it keeps getting better and better.

It will be time very soon to announce a new step for FF and what is planned for the future.

Demi : Ok, thanks a lot for your time and your trust to our small webzine. I hope you can continue to contribute to the underground scene through Forcedfed. Any last statement for ISZ readers?

Carl Jacobsen (Force Fed) : Thank you for the interview Demi !! Appreciate the opportunity and want to thank everyone for giving Force Fed a chance and all the great support !!!!

Interview done by Demi 9/3/2015

Media Partners / Banners


Best Releases